This is probably my last post of 2016. In total I wrote 12 blogpost so far. Explaining Management 3.0, trying to explain why I don’t want to implement the Spotify model but also describing how to create an auto-reply script in GMail.
Let’s close the year with just a small and easy to read blog. Some of my friends work in construction, they have a van fully loaded with tools and materials. Every year we participate in the local carnaval parade, we build a small carriage. Having friends with a van full of tools and materials is very handy 🙂
I don’t have a van but everywhere I go, I take my rucksack with me. The rucksack contains my tools and materials.
So which tools and materials do I drag with me all over the world?
- I love my ASUS Zenbook UX305CA with Windows 10, it is fast, doesn’t weigh much and is a slim model. As good or maybe better than the Macbook Air 😉
- In-Earphone AKG K330, I use them when I really don’t want to be disturbed or when in the airplane
- Stereo earphones with hands free microphone and multifunction button that came with my Nexus 5x
- PUGZ earphones (leaking) with microphone. I love them they are wireless and can be charged via your phone. You can connect the earphones also to two devices, so in my case to my phone and laptop
- My Nexus 7 (2013) tablet, great device for when you are on the road and want to do some emails or just watch a movie
- With the Zenbook comes of course also an adapter 🙂
- Business cards, although I immediately connect on LinkedIn, scan the received card into Evernote. But it feels nice to be able to give something
- World famous in the Netherlands, the dopper. A water bottle
- Rabo Scanner, gives access to the secure environment of Rabobank
- Two USB sticks, still need them to transfer files when there is no Wifi
- Mini HDMI to HDMI, my laptop has a mini HDMI…. love it… so many different standards
- HDMI to VGA
- Logitech wireless presenter R400, a must when you do workshops or talks at conferences
- Logitech Keyboard K810, again a great device. You can connect it to three devices, and switch very easily to another device
- A first aid set, I have a first aid certificate and I always have basic first aid with me
- Pens and pencils, a small marker and some pens
- Paracetamol, just in case I need them. Thank god I don’t need them often.
- Chewing gum, not sure why… I never eat chewing gum 🙂
- Small can of deodorant, just happy that I have it with me sometimes
- Tissues, I regular spoil coffee 😉
- Logitech Performance mouse MX, yep I also came to that conclusion. I like Logitech stuff. Wireless mouse and also to charge via USB. Furthermore, it fits my big hands 🙂
- Jabra Speak 510, I often have virtual meeting also with multiple people. Unfortunately, I still see many meeting rooms with bad equipment. The Jabra speak 510 has a very good quality, and also the price is good
- A HDMI mini HDMI cable… just hoping that most projectors nowadays have a HDMI connection
- I know myself… so that is why I keep my passport in my rucksack… so I always have my passport with me when I travel for business. So far I never forgot my passport
- Whiteboard markers… just do me one pleasure. Next time you have a whiteboard marker that doesn’t work, throw it away immediately
- An adapter from HDMI to VGA, the small connector doesn’t work always. This small box works perfectly and saved already a few times my facilitators-life
- Notebook, I always make my notes on paper. I tried to do it digital, doesn’t work for me. After the meeting I do scan all my notes, ask me about a meeting and I will lookup the handwritten notes in Evernote
- Two plugs to charge my devices
- A small powerpack with cable to make sure my phone can survive the day when I am travelling
- Three USB cables, two USB-micro and one USB-C… all those different connectors…
- An access card of an old project of many years ago… just a nice memory, I still need to return it but they already moved to a new building
- Two set of Moving motivators cards, I assume I don’t need to explain why…
- Two set of Delegation Poker cards, I assume I don’t need to explain why…
- As last one, some flyers and brochures to promote Management 3.0 workshops
That is it… so next time you see me dragging around that rucksack you know what is in it.