I believe people make all the difference in every project. The people’s skills, how they work together, how they feel and just who they are. Scrum, Kanban, eXtreme Programming, Management 3.0, these are just tools or frameworks that exist to help people.
I have been working in IT since 1997. I had different roles: Software Developer, Tester, Scrum Master, Agile Coach, Team Lead, Manager and VP Software Development. What I always liked most, was working with people, to improve the processes and the environments they work in.
I am specialized in Management and Leadership coaching, Agile Coaching and Organizational Development support.
I am an active member of the Agile community and share my insights and knowledge by speaking at conferences and writing blog posts. In the last years I was invited to Agile Prague, Agile India, XPDays and Agile Lean Ireland for example.
In 2017 I published the book Doing It – Management 3.0 Experiences. The first book about Management 3.0 Experiences besides the books Jurgen Appelo wrote. I publish blog posts regular via LinkedIn, Management 3.0 blog, and my personal blog.
Some of the highlights of my career so far are:
- Published the book “Art of Teams” and “Doing It – Management 3.0 Practices“
- Implementing successful Management 3.0 practices like Exploration Days, Guilds and Kudo Cards in a distribution environment
- Being the first person in the world with the Management 3.0 Certificate of Practice – Ralph van Roosmalen
- Setting up Agile Testing in a Scrum environment as one of the first ISV companies in the Netherlands
- Hiring and building development teams in the Netherlands, Romania, US, and India
- Building nearshore and offshore teams in India, Romania, and US, including selecting the location, from scratch
In 2015 I decided to start my own company, Agile Strides. Agile Strides helps people and organizations to make the next step and it helps them to become happier in their work. For example, this can be done by improving how the teams work together, by improving the software development process, by helping people to become more engaged or by teaching them how to improve their own environment.
When people make a step and they inspect where they are and adapt before they make the next step, I believe people will constantly improve themselves. This is the Agile mindset.
I help people and organizations with workshops and coaching them in their daily activities on the job. Workshops and coaching are always done in an innovative and fun way, work should be fun!
More detailed information about me can be found in my profile on LinkedIn, or download my profile here.
If you want to ask me something, just say hello or contact me for more information, just contact me.