The world is changing fast. Innovation is going faster and faster. New startups can compete with any organization. The world is getting more complex every day. Learn how to be ready for the future and redefine leadership and management using Management 3.0 practices.
Organizations need to start learning quickly to be ready for the new reality. Command and control organizations are struggling with the current speed of change. Teams don’t have time to wait for the bureaucracy in many organizations. The hierarchy is slowing them down and causing too many delays in realizing their goals.
As a Team Lead, Scrum Master, Agile Coach, Change Agent, or Entrepreneur, you need to help your organization be ready for the future. Support your organization and co-workers in adapting to this new reality and way of working, including a new redefined management and leadership approach.
Management 3.0 can help organizations to be ready for the new world. Management 3.0 is not a framework or a set of rules that need to be implemented. It is a set of innovative practices, a way of looking at the system., and helping organizations start learning. Empower teams and develop a mindset of experimenting.
“Our success at Amazon is a function of how many experiments we do per year, per month, per week, per day.”Jeff Bezos
Management 3.0 is about creating a learning organization, empowering teams, and engage people by using innovative and new practices and tools. Embrace change, start experimenting, and learn from the experiments.
What is Management 3.0 experimentation about
- Energize People, learn everything about how to engage and motivate your people. Learn about new tools like Moving Motivators and the Diversity Index;
- Empower Teams, find out how to delegate and empower your teams by using Delegation Poker and creating a Delegation Board. Learn how to make the next step with self-managing teams and use the Team Decision Matrix tool. A newly innovative practice, some people call it Delegation Board 2.0;
- Align Constraints, discover how to set clear goals and constraints in using Objective and Key Results. A practice used by many companies, for example, Google. Supporting an organization is also about helping them to create a new culture, learn about how values can support growing your culture;
- Develop Competence, learn how to support your organization in developing new skills and competencies. Use the Team Competency Matrix to support teams in creating a learning plan. Experiment with Exploration Days to trigger the intrinsic motivation of teams;
- Grow Structure, helping to grow an organization is a challenge, and you need to decide where to focus. Focus on exploitation or exploration, or create an organization based on a hierarchy or a network? In Grow Structure, you learn about tools to support teams in finding the best team setup. Additionally, you will learn about innovative practices likes open space allocation, support units, and big room planning;
- Improve Everything, learn about the seven rules for creative and innovative managers. In the view Improve Everything, you will learn how to support teams in learning from failures and success by using the Celebration Grid.
Management 3.0 is for all people involved in management, leadership, and change. Roles who often attend a Management 3.0 workshop are:
- Team leads
- Agile Coaches
- Change Agents
- Organizational Design Leads
- Scrum Masters
- Release Train Engineers
- Chief Innovation Officer (CIO)
- Chief Executive Officer (CEO)
Innovation Benefits of Management 3.0
Researchers found that managers have many advantages in using innovative Management 3.0 practices:
- Quality of services is improved in a majority of organizations;
- Productivity is improved in many organizations;
- Teams with clear goals perform better as teams with vague goals;
- Many companies investigated reported that profitability and competitiveness have improved;
- It often improves worker satisfaction;
- A trigger to improve quality of life at work.
Helping your organizations and teams to prepare for the future is hard work, but it is an exciting journey. Management 3.0 has many innovative tools to support you. Learn how to redefine leadership and management using Management 3.0.
Want to learn more?
In case you want to learn more about Management 3.0 and learn about the games and practices of Management 3.0, you can check out the following pages:
- Management 3.0 Foundation (in-person) Workshop
- Management 3.0 Fundamentals Online Workshop
- Blog post: What is Management 3.0?
- Blog post: How does Management 3.0 relate to Agile Way of Working
- Free e-book: Doing It – Management 3.0 Experiences