Attend a 2-day workshop and learn how to apply Lean Startup, Agile and Lean thinking to change management
About the Workshop: As innovation and disruption continue to increase, more and more organizations are looking for how to change faster in order to remain competitive. Many of those organizations are looking at Agile to do that, but tend to use outdated change management approaches that are not equipped to manage fast-paced change. This 2-day workshop is designed to show you how to use Agile and Lean techniques to facilitate change. Lean Change Management is a modern approach that takes ideas from Lean Startup, Agile, Organizational Development, and Change Management in order to help you figure out the best approach to the change you’re faced with. You’ll learn what Agile is, and how to apply Agile thinking to your change programs, as well as many good practices and lightweight planning and exploration tools for getting your change off the ground and headed in the right direction.
- Understand how to apply Agile and Lean techniques to Change Management
- How to use Agile techniques within your existing Change Management framework
- How to reframe resistance to change to respond to change
- How to modernize your change management practices
- Combine ideas from Lean Startup, Agile, OD and CM to develop your own contextual change frameworkAlternatives to ROI and project management thinking
- How to use light-weight planning and measurement tools such as Change Canvases, OKRs, Perspective Mapping and more.
2 Day Course Outline
- Introduction: why are you here? What is the ultimate question you hope to have answered?
- What is Lean Change Management, and how is it similar, and different, to how you approach change today?
- Agile Change Management: Overview of the Agile values and principles, and how you can apply that thinking to change management.
- Alignment: How to use light-weight tools for change readiness, change liftoffs, and ongoing facilitation of change
- Incremental Change: How to move away from traditional ROI and towards reducing uncertainty by breaking down change into quarterly objectives with tangible key results.
- Experiments: How to move away from change activities, and towards change experiments. This includes good practices for communication, creating alignment, providing status to change sponsors and more.
- People: Why the notion of ‘resistance to change’ is wrong, and why the “70% of changes fail” is incorrect. We’ll explore how different people respond to change differently, and how you, the change agent, can navigate that complexity
- Your Own Change Framework: We’ll take the learning from both days, and discuss what your own change framework could look like and you’ll answer your own questions that were created at the beginning of Day 1.
What You Get
- A copy of the book Lean Change Management
- Access to the Lean Change Agent Network
- Lean Change Management workbook
- A lifetime of connections with over 700 people who have attended these workshops (as of Oct 2016)
- Location: Utrecht, The Netherlands
- Two experience facilitators, Annelies de Meyere and Ralph van Roosmalen
- Coffee, tea, and lunch is included
- Start at 9:00, ends around 17:00
- No laptop required
- The workshop will be in Dutch unless non-Dutch speaking attendees are there. In that case, it will be English.
- Materials will be in English.
Date:January 30, 2020 09:00 —
January 31, 2020 17:00 CET