Attend 2-day workshop and learn how to apply Lean Startup, Agile and Lean thinking to change management
About the Lean Change Management Training: As innovation and disruption continue to increase, more and more organizations are looking for how to change faster in order to remain competitive.
Many of those organizations are looking at Agile as a new way of working. Good approach. However, they often implement a new way of working top-down, and with an outdated change management approach.
This 2-Day Lean Change Management Course is designed to show you how to use modern change management techniques to facilitate change.
Lean Change Management is a modern approach that takes ideas from Lean Startup, Agile, Organizational Development, and Change Management in order to help you figure out the best approach to the change you’re faced with.
Change is not just about tools, it is about understanding people, communication, create a vision, and many other things. During the workshop, we talk about all the important topics of a change.
Learning Objectives of the Lean Change Management Course
- Understand how to apply modern techniques to Change Management
- How to use techniques from Agile and Lean within your existing Change Management framework
- How to reframe resistance to change to respond to change
- Learn about tools like Impact Matrix and Impact Bubbles
- How to modernize your change management practices
- Combine ideas from Lean Startup, Management 3.0, Agile, Organizational Design, and Human Resources to develop your own contextual change framework
- Alternatives to ROI and project management thinking
- How to use light-weight planning and measurement tools such as Change Canvases, OKRs, Vision Canvases and more.
“Clear and to the point in the explanations Very empathetic and close, one of them could join us for dinner. Shared very valuable first hand experiences Great presentations with paper and pen, without laptops”Mario Gonzalez Forrellad
The workshop is for people who would like to drive a change in their organization. People who often attend the workshop are:
- Agile Coaches
- Scrum Master
- Project Manager
- Middle Managers
- Senior Team Leads
- Change Agents
Everyone can make a change, not just the manager. We believe everyone is responsible for contributing to a change!
What to Expect of the Training
This is not the traditional training where we try to kill you with 824 slides!
Lean Change Management Workshops are highly interactive! We don’t ask any rhetoric questions. The more you discuss, the more valuable the workshop will be.
We used the concept of Teaching from the back of the Room while designing this workshop. We combine your experiences, with theory, exercises and a debrief moment.
As we both are experienced facilitators, we are able to adjust the program on the fly if needed.
2-Day Lean Change Management Course Outline
- Introduction: Why are you here? What is the ultimate question you hope to have answered?
- What is Change, why is the world Changing faster, and why do you need to keep up?
- The world has changed, VUCA or Cynefin… models that describe the new world. How does this impact your change?
- Which existing change frameworks are out there, what can we learn from them?
- What is Lean Change Management, and how is it similar, and different, to how you approach change today?
- Experience how people perceive change
- How can you learn about what motivates people? We believe that people always can be motivated for a change.
- Different emotional models, what happens to people when change occurs?
- What kind of people do you have in your organization, learn how they can help or sabotage your change
- Vision: Change always starts with a vision. Learn how to set up a good vision. Apply the Vision Canvas.
- Insights: Learn how to gather insights, what is the current temperature of your organization?
- Options: Discover which people, teams but also processes are impacted by your change. How are you going to help them?
Training Day 2:
- Options: Play the Change Management Game to review your options and discover more ways to speed up your change
- Options: Start developing your own Change plan, learn about the different Change canvasses and experience which one works best for you
- Experiments: Learn about 12 guidelines to measure the impact of your experiments. How to define Objectives in a way it does support your change and a new way of working?
- Experiments: Discover the Hypothesis Template that you can use to start defining your first experiments
- Experiments: Learn about a tool to identify the impact of your experiments in the current culture of the organization
- Experiments: What to celebrate failure or success? Learn about the celebration grid
- Impact bubbles, how to identify the actors in your organization that you need to help with the change
- What are the common pitfalls for every change?
- Your Own Change Framework: We’ll take the learning from both days, and discuss what your own change framework could look like and you’ll answer your own questions that were created at the beginning of Day 1.
“Facilitators are very expereinced with training, and applied many interesting exercise to help us for understanding.”Kerry Suo
What You Get with the LCM Course
- (E-)copy of the book Lean Change Management
- Electronic copies of all materials plus a lot more!
- A lifetime of connections with over 700 people who have attended these workshops (as of Oct 2016)
- You leave the workshop with your own change plan!
- Location: Change Management Training in Belgium or the Netherlands (or in-house)
- Two experienced facilitators, Annelies de
Meyereand Ralph van Roosmalen
- No laptop required
- We promise no slides, no Powerpoint!
- The workshop will be in Dutch unless non-Dutch speaking attendees are there. In that case, it will be English.