The number of remote teams is increasing. Corona forced many teams to work remotely overnight. However, there are more reasons that the number of remote teams is increasing. For example, challenges in finding the right people in your region, commute times that are increasing, and people expect the flexibility to work anywhere! One team member regularly working from home already creates a remote team. As also a team that is working in a flex-office and is spread over different floors. Remote teams are not just the teams that are spread over the globe working from exotic locations. Remote teams can be as successful as co-located teams or even more successful! Learn how in the Management 3.0 Fundamentals Onine workshop.
Ralph van Roosmalen is one of the most experienced trainers for Management 3.0. In five years as a Facilitator, he has already held 40+ workshops all over the world. He has earned the Management 3.0 Certificate of Attendance. He was the first to get the Certificate of Practice, proving he has practiced what he preaches. Ralph is the first person who wrote a book on Management 3.0, after Jurgen Appelo. He is furthermore an active Content Creator, creating new Management 3.0 Modules. Ralph speaks about Management 3.0 at conferences and leads regular workshops all around the world.
Many people are hesitant in attending an online workshop, afraid the experience will be less as an in-person workshop. The Fundamentals Online Workshop is designed for online! No Zoom Marathon sessions or death by powerpoint, but a lot of interaction, regular breaks, and many excercises.
“Ralph has a lot of knowledge of, and experience with, M3.0. He is able to explain it clearly and has good examples from his own work experience to support the theory.”Rob Eijgelshoven, attendee Fundamentals Online Workshop, 100% recommendation score.
About the Management 3.0 Fundamentals Online Workshop
The Fundamentals Online Workshop contains the most valuable practices and modules related to Management 3.0 and Remote Leadership. Attending the workshop, attendees will understand the basics of Management 3.0 and how to manage remote teams.
This new Management 3.0 Workshop is designed to be given in an online setup. It is the must-attend workshop for any manager or leader working with remote teams!
The content of the workshop will help attendees to improve the management of remote teams. Learn about how to give feedback in a remote environment, learn about how to lead remote teams, learn about facilitating remote meetings!
But also learn about different management and leadership styles, how to keep people motivated when working remotely, and tools, like delegation board and team matrix, to support remote teams in working asynchronously.
“Ralph immediately created an atmosphere of openness and willingness to learn and discuss experiences.”Martijn van de Haterd, attendee Fundamentals Online Workshop, 90% recommendation score.
The tools, exercises, and agenda are optimized for an online workshop. As also the structure of the workshop. Don’t expect to sit in front of your monitor for eight hours! The workshop is split into four sessions, a lot of interaction, and many exercises. We make optimal use of the fact there is time to experiment with the things you learn during a session. You learn most when doing things, not by listening to a teacher!
Check out the schedule to find the next Fundamentals Online Workshop!
Who should attend the Fundamentals Online Workshop
This new Management 3.0 Workshop is designed for everyone who works with remote teams!
Management is a responsibility of everyone, this is even more true in remote teams. Therefore, this workshop is intended for team members who work remotely. As also for managers and leaders who need to manage remote teams. Agile Coaches and Scrum Masters who need to coach remote teams. As also Human Resource Professionals who need to support their organization when moving to a virtual setup.
Structure Management 3.0 Fundamentals Online Workshop
In the FOW you will learn about the basics of Management 3.0, focusing on practices that are useful in remote teams. By attending this workshop you learn and experience:
- Different management and leadership styles, which fit in which context;
- The principles of Management 3.0;
- Why there is a need for a new management and leadership approach;
- How to learn about what motivates your team, and how to increase motivation and engagement;
- Tools and insights to empower your teams. How to get them self-organizing;
- How to lead and manage remote teams and apply asynchronously working. Including power tips of the Management 3.0 Team;
- How to give feedback to each other if you work in different time-zones and remote teams;
- Learn about change management, how to realize the change in your organization?
Every session is three hours, including breaks. At the end of every session, we discuss what you can try out before the next session. The advantage of the Fundamentals Online Workshop is that there is time to experiment with the practices you learn and reflect on how you used them between the different sessions.
Innovative Management and Leadership Practices
During the online workshop, we will discuss and experience many of the popular and effective Management 3.0 practices. Attendees will learn about and experience some of the following practices:
- Moving Motivators, moving Motivators can help you to learn about what motivates people and teams. Use this information, as manager or leader, to create a system where they can motivate themselves;
- Delegation Poker and Delegation Board, use Delegation Poker to clarify who’s responsible for what and to what level. This is a method where you can encourage employee engagement through controlled self-organization and clarified value and decision-making;
- Celebration Grid, whether we succeed or fail, what’s important is to learn from our experiments and celebrate learning;
- 360 Degree Feedback Dinner, A shortcut to the standardized 360-degree feedback: Invite your team to a nice dinner. During the meal, you will then give each other feedback.
- Kudo Cards, how can Kudo cards support your organization in giving feedback to each other?
- Merit Money, reward people, based on real merits instead of imagined performance, co-workers reward each other directly without the involvement of managers;
- Feedback Wrap, give actionable feedback, the kind that leads to positive, self-motivated action and not disgruntled teammates.
- Change Management Game, the game doesn’t give you answers. It raises questions. Why? Because questions force us to self-reflect. Questions make us take a step back, look inwards, and delve into why we do what we do.
“Very good presentation skills and knowledge on course topics”Sergiu Mocan, attendee Fundamentals Online Workshop, 90% recommendation score.
Differences between the Foundation and Fundamentals Online Workshop
The Fundamentals Online Workshop is created to support remote teams. It has different modules as the Foundation Workshop. In the Fundamentals Online Workshop you will learn about remote teams, and also giving feedback using the feedback wraps. Topics that are not part of the Foundation.
Management 3.0 Coaching
I also offer the option for Management 3.0 coaching. I can coach you and help you in getting ready for your Certificate of Practice application. It is also possible to get coaching on your management and leadership skills and learn how to grow as a professional with a Management 3.0 mindset. Please reach out if you would like more information about the coaching option.
Download the official Learning Experience document. The document describes the learning experience you will get by attending the Management 3.0 Fundamentals Online Workshop.
- The duration is 12 hours/four sessions of three hours ;
- You will need a laptop or computer;
- A webcam is required. There will be a lot of interaction between the attendees;
- A headset is strongly recommended, especially when you are in a room with other people;
- Internet connection of at least 10mbps;
- A quiet place to attend the workshop, not a Starbucks;
- Access to Zoom and Miro.
- This is an online workshop, not in-person;
- The minimal number of attendees is four, and the maximum is 15;
- Attendees of this workshop are NOT eligible to become a licensed Management 3.0 Facilitator. If this is important for you, please contact me to discuss the options.
- Attendees will get a copy of all the modules discussed in the workshop and outlined in this document, plus one or more (e-)-books;
- All attendees will receive the Management 3.0 Fundamentals Online Workshop Certificate of Attendance as also the Management 3.0 Fundamentals Online Workshop Attendee Badge;
- The workshop will be in English unless all attendees speak Dutch;
- This workshop is 100% Powerpoint-free!
- Official Learning Experience document, helpful to request budget for attending the workshop.
- By attending this workshop you will get a 20% discount on the Certificate of Practice. This discount is given by the Management 3.0 organization and is only valid as long as the Management 3.0 organization decides.